Enabling cookies and local storage
In order to help us offer integrated and streamlined experiences, VoiceThread utilizes technologies like cookies, device or other identifiers, and local storage. We never use or disclose information collected for advertising purposes.
What are cookies?
- Authentication – to tell us when you are signed in so we can keep showing you what’s yours. They also allow us to support external authentication through your institution’s learning management system or identity provider.
- Localization – to help us display your VoiceThread pages in the language and color you prefer.
- Features and services – to help us know when you’ve already seen hints and tutorials so we don’t show you the same ones again.
- Performance – to help us keep you in the right place without getting lost.
Can I remove cookies and local storage?
Yes, you can always remove or disable VoiceThread cookies from your browser or mobile device. Just keep in mind that you may not be able to use all of VoiceThread’s features.
If you are having any trouble loading VoiceThread pages or using the recording features, you might need to set your browser to accept cookies from the URLs that VoiceThread uses to access its features. Allowing all cookies is the easiest way to ensure that VoiceThread can function. Scroll down to find instructions for your specific browser.
*Note: *If you cannot allow all cookies and prefer to allow them for specific URLs only, please do so for the URLs below.
- http://d25wzyo6b5ic8t.cloudfront.net (for browsing content)
- https://d25wzyo6b5ic8t.cloudfront.net (for browsing content)
- http://prod-streams-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for playback of recordings)
- https://prod-streams-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for playback of recordings)
- http://prod-export-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for exporting)
- https://prod-export-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for exporting)
You will also need to accept cookies from the VoiceThread domain you are using. Please use the domain that applies to you:
How to enable cookies and local storage for your browser
Please look for the operating system and browser type that you’re using to access VoiceThread, and follow the steps provided.
Firefox treats cookies and local storage as the same thing, so these steps work for both.
- Click on the menu icon in the top-right corner of your browser.
- Select “Options” or “Preferences”.
- Click on “Privacy and Security” from the list on the left.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Remember history”.
- Close the window.
Chrome treats cookies and local storage as the same thing, so these steps work for both.
- Click on the menu button in the top-right corner of your Chrome window.
- Select “Settings” from that menu.
- Click “Advanced” at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Site Settings” button under the Privacy and Security section.
- Click on “Cookies”.
- Toggle on the setting for “Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)”.
- Toggle off the setting for “Block third-party cookies”.
- Scroll down from there and make sure that voicethread.com is not in your “Block” list. If you see “voicethread” anywhere there, click on the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on the Menu icon on the top-right corner of the browser window (three-dots).
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Click on “Cookies and Site Permissions.
- Under Cookies and data stored, click on Manage and delete cookies and site data.
- Toggle the “Block third-party cookies” to the on position.
- Scroll down to “Allow” and click the “Add” button.
- Enter “https://voicethread.com”.
Safari treats cookies and local storage as the same thing, so these steps work for both.
- Click the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences”.
- Click the icon labeled “Privacy”.
- Make sure the option for “Block all cookies” is not checked.